Wednesday, 9 April 2014

Discussion Of Findings

4. Discussion of findings


From our findings, we can conclude that majority know or at least somewhat know about oil and gas. This may be because of what they were taught in school or what they read in books or even online. 80% of the students know of some renewable energy while the other 20% do not.  However 84% do not really know which country actually consumes the most fossil fuels. They are also unsure which fossil fuels is the most efficient as only 90% know which is the most efficient fossil fuel. When we ask them which countries they think consumed the most power, 51% of them did not know.


When open ended questions were asked, they gave their opinions which were mostly true and accurate. They stated what they thought was a good method to help save the world and also how they actually thought oil was formed.


That is our analysis on our survey and from our research that we did, we can conclude that the amount of oil being consumed this day is getting increasing exponentially and that we must think of ways and come up with alternative sources before we run out of fossil fuels. Fossil fuels are important to us as it is the main source of energy and is important in our life.


Without fossil fuels, we would not have any electricity. Although we have some alternative ways to generate electricity, each country does have a disadvantage if they use some of these methods.
The burning of coal and oil have saved inestimable amounts of time and labor while substantially raising living standards around the world. Although the use of fossil fuels may seem beneficial to our lives, this act is playing a role on global warming and it is said to be dangerous for the future.
According to Rodman D. Griffin, these environmental pollution impact on human beings because its particles of the fossil fuel on the air cause negative health effects when inhaled by people. These health effects include premature death, acute respiratory illness, aggravated asthma, chronic bronchitis and decreased lung function. So, the poor, undernourished, very young and very old, and people with preexisting respiratory disease and other ill health, are more at risk.

No comments:

Post a Comment